Thursday, 26 July 2012

Postcards From Brighton




Dear Beerfriends,
Arrived at lunchtime. Travelled by train, not in the back of a tourvan under a pile of instruments like the previous time I was in Brighton.
Found Bankers chippy then wandered along the seafront under the hot sun.
A look around the lanes then on to The Brewery Tap.








The Brewery Tap has 31 taps on the bar wall. 15 beers were on including Jever, Snake Dog IPA, Anchor Steam and Duchesse De Bourgogne.
The cold Williams Brothers Caesar Augustus was delicious. I couldn't tell if I was drinking lager or IPA, it turns out it's a lager/IPA hybrid, so there you go.








Then a walk up the hill to the recently opened Craft Beer Co. Much like the one in Clerkenwell there were an incredible range of beers on offer. Mikkeller, Southern Tier, Evil Twin, Camden, Summer Wine, Dark Star, Magic Rock on draught and an impressive selection of bottles in the fridges.
The copper topped tables are a nice touch.


It's the kind of pub that dogs take their owners, I'm sure I counted 5 canine companions during our rest here.
We found another type of canine companion here.





Finally a visit to the Evening Star for Brodie's Simcoe for Breakfast, a hopped up Imperial stout, and some Dark Star beers. I admit by now I was getting tunnel vision but it's a lovely boozer and the staff here were very welcoming.


Wish you were here? I wish I was again soon XXX


No comments:

Post a Comment