Saturday, 16 June 2012

Too Latte For Love




Staying up late drinking coffee beers.
First up the Mikkeller/To Øl collaboration Sleep Over Imperial IPA.
I don't think I've ever drank a Mikkeller beer I didn't like, the man can do no wrong. I've also been pleased with the To Øl beers I've had, so I was expecting greatness. I wasn't disappointed.
There's a huge aroma of roast coffee coming off this beer, almost to the point of it stinking like an ash tray.
Drinking it, you'd never guess it was 10.5% abv as the bitterness hides the booziness.


Next up was the Flying Dog Kujo
Imperial Coffee Stout. 8.5% abv.
Much of the toasted almonds/burnt marzipan flavour in this that I can take or leave. There didn't seem to be much coffee in this.


Finally a bottle of Barista, Espresso Stout at 4.8% abv.
Nothing short of stunning. I love this beer on cask. If you can't find it on cask then you should snap up some bottles. There's a whiff of cigar box, a bitter kick from the coffee, then a touch of sweetness.
Very moreish, but I only had one bottle and it was time for bed.
How I managed to sleep I'm not sure, I was buzzin'.


No comments:

Post a Comment