Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Thornbridge Halcyon: Return Of The Magnificent 7.4% IPA




Halcyon, it's been a while old friend. Do you remember this time two years ago when we drank pints of your Green Hopped version at Leicester Beer Festival? We giggled as we got tipsy, a UK IPA that tasted of pineapple and mango juice. Surely I was daydreaming.
There was the time I drank pints of you with lunch at The Devonshire Cat in Sheffield, 4 inches of snow outside and wondering how the heck I was going to get home as the trains were being cancelled.





Then they bottled you, a case ordered from My Brewery Tap, more bottles snapped up at The Offie, bicycle pannier stuffed full of them. More giggling. Then a cask appeared at The Coopers Tavern in Burton. More pints glugged and a two pint carton taken home.


You're back. I feared I'd not see you as I'd read you were being shipped to the United States.
Fruity bubblegum aroma. The flavour is pears, pineapple, mango, perhaps a touch of tangerine. Alcohol warming. Bitter sweet.


Halcyon days.
Thornbridge Halcyon, you are my super stupor hero.


No comments:

Post a Comment