Sunday, 18 December 2011

Confessions Of A Craft Beer Co Alcofrolic (X)




I have a confession to make. I was in a bad mood the first time I went to the Craft Beer Co. I was hacked off with the fact there was a load of men in suits buying beer with credit cards taking up a third of the elbow space at the bar. What a grumpy git, their money or rather their plastic was just as good as mine.






Anyway, I drank some bloody fine beers that day. Beers by Mikkeller, Stateside Artisanal, Evil Twin and Nøgne Ø. I knew I wanted to head back when it wasn't so busy.

So, I'm back at Leather Lane again, where a pasty from Greggs costs about £1.20 and where the same folk that brought you the excellent Cask Pub and Kitchen have this wonderful watering hole. Yes, I love the place. The clean coolness. It's unfussy, smart and even has its logo printed on the wallpaper. The mirrored ceiling, you know you've drank too much when you can see your reflection in it. The friendliness of the knowledgable staff. Tasters seemed to be encouraged by the staff rather than asked for by the customers.



What are there, 21 keg fonts and 16 cask lines? Something for everyone here. The Lord Marples was very popular with the afternoon session crowd, whilst I drank the Southern Tier Crème Brûlée Imperial Milk Stout and Magic Rock Bearded Lady.

It's easy to spend a lot of money in here on draught beers and bottles you're not going to see in other London pubs. If you run out of cash you could always sell some jewellery to a shop on Hatton Garden.

The Craft Beer Co
82 Leather Lane
London
EC1N 7TR

thecraftbeerco.com

"Mind your guppies."

No comments:

Post a Comment