Tuesday, 6 September 2011

Wood Farm Brewery Tap






Brewery Taps. Should be more of them. It's often the best way to taste the brewery's beer, you're not going to find fresher.

The beers brewed here used to be a regular feature at The Criterion, Leicester. A pub that does no brewery any favours, with many beers served flat and tasting of cardboard.

Woodfarm Brewery then, a 15 mile ride through winding lanes in south west Leicestershire and over the border into Warwickshire. As far as I'm aware there is no means of getting here by public transport.

After many stops to check my map I eventually found the place. Although there's been a brewery here for several years the tap only opened Spring 2011. It was looking brand-spanking new and very busy.










Aware of the cycle back I chose the fairly low abv Wood Farm Best Bitter at 4.2%. A pleasant enough golden beer with enough hops, it slaked this cyclist's thirst.

It seems a lot of folk drive here for the food too. Like an idiot I didn't check the menu. Next time I visit I'll time my arrival for lunchtime. Lots of tables inside and picnic benches outside.

They had two pint carry out cartons on this visit but I'd taken a stronger two pint Growler to survive the bumpy return journey in a bike pannier.

Wood Farm Brewery
Coal Pit Lane
Willey
Rugby
Warks

woodfarmbrewery.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment