Monday, 11 April 2011

DERTy Dancing





It was that time of year. Pubs full of Rapper Dancers. This year it was Oxford pubs.

Arriving too early for beer, time was killed with coffee before heading to the first watering hole, Far From The Madding Crowd.




Black Swan Rapper are first up.




I'm not going to pretend I fully understand what's going on in a Rapper Tournament, but when I see a group whirling like a tornado, performing somersaults over one another and all connected in an unbroken chain using two handled Rapper swords I'm mesmerised. All in a small space in a pub, clogs pounding the wooden floor, accompanied by live folk musicians and fuelled by beer.

Throughout the day in three different pubs I drank Brakspear, White Horse Blowing Stone, Dark Star Golden Gate, Budvar, Cotswold Lager and Nethergate Old Growler.

Smelliest pub of the day was The Kings Arms. The smell came from the home-made hot scotch eggs.

The best beer of the day was at the Royal Blenheim, the White Horse Brewery Tap.




















2012 sees the Rapperlympics at Cecil Sharp House, Camden. To me this is bigger than the Olympics. I can't wait.





No comments:

Post a Comment