Sunday, 15 August 2010

Birra Del Borgo ReAle




There's been a lot of chit chat about the Italian craft brewing scene of late so I thought I'd check some out.
First impressions have been distinctly average.

Tonight I'm drinking Birra Del Borgo ReAle. Nicely presented in a sturdy bottle with a stopper built into the cap if you can't manage it all in one go and don't want to share.
It's a 6.4% abv blonde beer that pours with a decent head that soon disappears. Some fruit and alcohol whiffs but, down to the nitty gritty, the taste.
You know when you try and swallow paracetamol and the tablet gets stuck on your tongue?

Not really the kind of bitterness I want when I'm drinking beer. I'll look out for Birra Del Borgo again as this may have been a duff batch, but not a great first impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment