Thursday, 8 July 2010

Stamford Riverside Festival

The first week in July usually means Stamford Riverside Festival. Live music and beer on the Meadows between the railway station and town.

I'd been going for a number of years and decided to have a break after a couple of years of drinking a ridiculous amount (13 pints) of ale. This year it was time to return.

After a brief visit to the Green Man it was time to head to the festival.

This year I'd promised to myself to be sensible and stick to erm less than previous years.

When I saw the list at the beer tent I decided to stick to about 4 ales. Not four pints, though.

There were 44 ales on but I was only interested in the Oakham and Newby Wyke. The new Tranquility IPA by Oakham was on the list, as was the old faithful Attila. All the ales were £3, so it seemed a good idea to stick with the higher abv ones. Attila at £3 a pint? Bargain!

Beer of the day had to be Tranquility. Gorgeous mouthful of peachyness.

On the way home it's a tradition to stop off at the Swan & Rushes. We had to as Oakham Chinook was fresh on that afternoon. Mmm. Summer is here.











Alcofrolic Chap

No comments:

Post a Comment